Namibia Safari Itineraries
WHY VISIT NAMIBIA?
The following points are just some of the reasons why Namibia is a world-class safari destination:
- Namibia is an all-year-round wilderness destination
- Great value-for-money destination
- Bountiful sunshine
- Pristine clear skies for astronomers and keen star-gazers
- Vast unspoilt natural scenic beauty
- Abundance of wildlife
- Prolific bird life
- A rich diversity of geological phenomena, such as the Fish River Canyon, Brandberg, Spitzkoppe and the unique star shaped dune mountains in Sossusvlei
- Namibia boasts two spectacular deserts – the Kalahari Desert and Namib Desert, each with distinctive wildlife and scenery.
- The Namib Desert, which is the only desert, that is home to elephant, rhino, lion and giraffe and one of the world’s oldest living plants – the Welwitschia mirabilis.
- The Namib, at 80 million years, is the oldest desert in the world.
- The world’s highest sand dunes are at Sossusvlei in the Namib-Naukluft National Park
- Easily accessible wilderness paradises such as the Etosha National Park, the Waterberg Plateau National Park, the Fish River Canyon and the Namib-Naukluft National Park
- Etosha Pan – an oasis in the centre of the vast semi-desert region, one of Africa’s largest game reserves
- Diverse cultures: from San/Bushman, Portuguese and German influences to the Himba people still living their age-old traditional lifestyles
- Namibia is a popular self-drive destination with excellent infrastructure
- A variety of exciting activities such as, Dune Boarding on the highest dunes in the world
- Fresh oysters of the finest quality found at Lüderitz and Swakopmund
- Namibia is virtually free of tropical diseases